Hall Heater Pilot fails - windy day

In LA we are having many windy days. This week, the Hallway heater pilot turned of two days in a row during lots of wind. Heater and house is 50 years old.
I scarped the soot off the thermocouple but did not help. Thermocouple is in the pilot flame. Heater rood vent has a flue cap and is 12 inches above roof.
Can I test thermocouple with a DVM. What voltage when heated?
Trouble shooting hints are needed.
Thanks, Dave_s
Add pictures here
✖
Dave_s wrote:

Hi, Another thing can you adjust pilot flame size bigger?
Add pictures here
✖
Dave_s wrote the following:

Maybe you can windproof the pilot light with some sort of barrier around it?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On Mar 13, 7:08 am, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

But is the pilot light going out because the wind blows it out, or is the thermocouple coolking off too much due to the wind and then that is shutting off the pilot, or is the thermocouple just plain bad??
Add pictures here
✖