Hair Dye Removal

Last night my blonde high school daughter went in the bathroom and a couple hours later emerged with purple hair. Unfortunately she spilled some of the dye on the (plastic?) sink and linoleum floor. Is there any hope of getting the dye off the sink and floor, or are we looking at a remodel.
Thanks.
-- Mark
On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 14:13:40 GMT, "Mark Jerde"

I don't know about purple. Peroxide is a common component of hair-color dyes, and makes permanent (bleached) spots on cloth items. Best bet might be to call manufacturer for advise. Otherwise, the usual cautious application of mild bleaching agents -- peroxide, dilute bleach, powdered cleanser, etc. might work.

couple
the
getting
Soft Scrub works safely on most surfaces for this! On dark brown dye, at least.
There's also a professional product called vandal spray mark remover, which is safe for formica. It smells like it's the same chemical as Oops!, which is available all over.
http://www.homaxproducts.com/catalog/oopsmulti.html
-Oldylocks
Mark Jerde wrote:

i bet if you take her by the head and scrub it up pretty hard the dye will never get on the sink again.. sorry dont know how to get rid ot the mess now.....
Somilar problem here - dark dye on " cultured marble " top and painted bainets . On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 14:13:40 GMT, "Mark Jerde"

Thanks everyone. Comet cleanser and high-school elbow grease eventually got the stains off the sink and the floor, and a laundry stain remover vigorously worked into the throw rug (also with high-school elbow grease <g>) prior to washing got the stains out of the throw rug.
Parental motivation for the expenditure of said high-school elbow grease was the resumption of after school activities once the bathroom resembled its pre dye bottle explosion state. It was accomplished with somewhat less than the usual amount of grumbling. ;-)
I don't mind my daughter's new hair color. In fact I'm thinking of dying my beard blue or orange to freak out my business partners before I shave it off in the spring. <bg>
-- Mark