Gutter Replacement but Fascia Board/Soffit is the Problem

I recently had my gutters replaced by a roofing and construction company. I also had this company install a gutter filter that sits within the gutters. Unfortunately, I'm still in a bit of a predicament as I have just been notified by this same company that the fascia board behind the gutters is completely rotted in several places. Therefore, water will continue to leak behind the soffit until new fascia board is installed. Also, there is an area above my garage where the soffit is sagging and had assumed that the gutter company would have moved this sagging soffit up so it didn't look so bad. They did not do this.
A few questions --
1) Prior to installing the gutters, should the gutter company have felt "obligated" to tell me that the fascia board is completely rotted and as a result the soffit is sagging, and water is still dripping behind the soffit?
2) Should the gutter company have felt "obligated" to move the sagging soffit up so it was more aligned with the other soffit along the other half of the area above my garage?
3) Will the fascia and/or soffit be easy to replace when the time comes to replace my roof? Will the contractors have to completely remove the gutters in order to replace the fascia and/or soffit?
I paid $2K for this installation (gutter and filter) and I feel like I have gotten no benefit out of it. I see virtually no visual benefit and have found out the I will need to have fascia and/or soffits replaced soon. I feel helpless.
Thanks for any and all advice.
Kevin

2000$ for how many feet, they should have told you, so they could fix it
I don't know the how many feet of gutters were needed. The cost of just the gutter replacement was $925. We had another estimate on the gutter replacement from a different company and it was quoted at $1100.

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 16:32:12 -0700 (PDT), "Kevin G."

Statement of Work in a Contract?

The contract just states to "install new seamless gutters and downspouts."
On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:00:38 -0700 (PDT), "Kevin G."

And nothing about the Fascia or soffit <sp>!

Nope, no mention of either the fascia or soffit.

They should have told you, but they would not have been able to sell you gutters if they had.

Soffit and facia can be replaced at any time, you don't have to wait for the roof to be replaced. The gutters will have to come off however.

You've got new gutters, and they're not going anywhere. Replace the soffit and facia and you'll be in good shape.