Grrrrrrrrrr

I need to find an "inside coupler" or "inside coupling". This is to fix an ABS solar heating manifold. I could take about five hundred words to explain it, but I won't, as to why this one and only part is the part to fix what I need.
The solar repair guys came once and fixed it for $125. That consisted of sawing a piece of pipe, inserting this inside coupler inside the pipe, and regluing it. I decided after I watched them that the next time I needed it done, I would save about $123.
Fast forward to last week. After going to about ten supply houses, I found a PVC 2" inside coupling for $5.50. This thing is about five inches long, has two male ends that are tapered to fit INSIDE a piece of 2" pipe, and a raised collar in the middle. $5.50 seemed a bargain, so I got one.
I know where I can get more now, but would like to use ABS, as that is what the rest of the system is made of. But I can't find them.
Anyone know what I'm talking about and where to get them? I've been to about fifty sites I got from Google, but haven't seen it yet. Ace has them, but only in 3".
I will continue to buy the PVC ones, and use PVC/ABS glue if I can't find regular ABS. $6 is better than $125.
Steve

an
fix
it
found
what
them,
I would try to find the manufacturer's name and contact them for a part number and sales rep in your area. Once you have the part number you can usually get a distributor to order it for you if it is not in stock.
Can't you use a fernco fitting such as this
http://tinyurl.com/jelg5

Negative. The inside coupler fits INSIDE of the piece of 2" abs. At one end, the pipe goes into a bell. That must be cut, and the stub stays inside the bell. The two pieces are cleaned. One end of the inside coupler is trimmed about 3/4". Then the inside coupler glued in to fix the leak. There are no rubber fittings made that have the dimensions to fit over the bell part.
Steve
On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 10:07:12 -0700, "Steve B"

Steve try:
http://www.ferguson.com/WhoAre/whoarewe.shtml
I think you are local...one on Valley View(?), one on Craig Road and one in Henderson on Lake Mead.
Oren

Went to the one on Valley View. Will try the others.
Thanks
Steve