Grout for Tile

The grout in my shower is beginning to look bad. It's not coming out exactly, it's thinned out. And looks dull. I am thinking about buying a small container of pre-mixed white grout and trying to put enough in to make it look better. Will that work? Or will it not stick? Don't want to waste time and money if it probably won't look good.
The grout in my shower is beginning to look bad. It's not coming out exactly, it's thinned out. And looks dull. I am thinking about buying a small container of pre-mixed white grout and trying to put enough in to make it look better. Will that work? Or will it not stick? Don't want to waste time and money if it probably won't look good.

Thanks for that tip Oren. This is on my list for next weekend. (Tip for the fellers... don't make the same mistake I did and mention fishing, golf, etc., in front of the lovely wife until you are loaded up and have the car running.)
On 7/31/2012 5:00 PM, Dottie wrote:

I regrouted a shower stall. Ours had 1"x 3" tiles, so lots of grout lines. I used a Dremel tool, which has special tips and attachment for the job. I don't recall what size tip I used, but must have been 1/16". In a couple of spots, the grout joint was too narrow for the bit and it caused the bit to jump and hit the tile, but fortunately didn't chip the tile. If you do a Google search for "dremel grout tool" you will find that tool as well as a blade type which must be a new thing. Here is a youtube of grout removal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
}gFWflRCKA
Toughest part for me was applying the new grout; not technically difficult but takes a little muscle (I'm an old lady :o) Usually use unsanded grout and then a sealer after grout cures. Good directions on pkgs at the big box store.

I guess I'm a slow learner. I have watched that video now 4 times and still can't remember what she said...