Dedicated Bleach Sprayer

I need small bleach solution sprayer to leave near my big yard/food waste c= ontainer to use to keep down the smell. The problem is that every sprayer = I've tried has some metal part (spring, rod, nozzle, etc.) that eventually = succumbs to the constant exposure to the bleach solution.

Does anyone know of an all-plastic sprayer? I'd even settle for something = cobbled together from PVC/ABS pipe & fittings if anyone can dream something= up. Spray is preferable to drizzling, as it helps keeps the sides of the = container stink-free.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
yellowbirddog

All plastic:

.

Does anyone know of an all-plastic sprayer? I'd even settle for something cobbled together from PVC/ABS pipe & fittings if anyone can dream something up. Spray is preferable to drizzling, as it helps keeps the sides of the container stink-free.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

container to use to keep down the smell. The problem is that every sprayer I've tried has some metal part (spring, rod, nozzle, etc.) that eventually succumbs to the constant exposure to the bleach solution.

cobbled together from PVC/ABS pipe & fittings if anyone can dream something up. Spray is preferable to drizzling, as it helps keeps the sides of the container stink-free.

Get an "acid sprayer". They will shoot muriatic acid without being hurt. HD/Lowes may even have one. I had to get one to acid stain my driveway.

Reply to
gfretwell

Hi guys,

Thanks for the ideas. I just double-checked my yard/food waste bin and to = my horror, the metal lift bar is exposed to the interior of the bin (unlike= the recycle bin). So now I have to rethink whether I want to corrode the = heck out of that lift bar with bleach solution. :( Drat.

Reply to
yellowbirddog

Does anyone know of an all-plastic sprayer? I'd even settle for something cobbled together from PVC/ABS pipe & fittings if anyone can dream something up. Spray is preferable to drizzling, as it helps keeps the sides of the container stink-free.

Thanks in advance.

Local (Michigan)Home Depot has them, made for bleach

Reply to
Rick

container to use to keep down the smell. =A0The problem is that every spra= yer I've tried has some metal part (spring, rod, nozzle, etc.) that eventua= lly succumbs to the constant exposure to the bleach solution.

ing cobbled together from PVC/ABS pipe & fittings if anyone can dream somet= hing up. =A0Spray is preferable to drizzling, as it helps keeps the sides o= f the container stink-free.

Go to Walmart, buy their spray Bathroom Cleaner containing Bleach, about $2.37, used to 1.88

I don't leave straight bleach inside my sprayers, so they last for years.

Leaving bleach in Walmarts cheap ones they still hold up for about six months, compared to one day with the $4-5 dollar commercial types.

Reply to
Robert Macy

Does anyone know of an all-plastic sprayer? I'd even settle for something cobbled together from PVC/ABS pipe & fittings if anyone can dream something up. Spray is preferable to drizzling, as it helps keeps the sides of the container stink-free.

Thanks in advance.

Hospital and medical supply houses make spray bottles designed for spraying bleach solutions. In fact, some of them come as a two bottle system. One is filled with straight bleach and the other with water. The spray system combines them in the right proportion for disinfection or sanitization, whichever is desired.

Good Luck.

Reply to
Baron

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote the following on 7/31/2012 8:39 PM (ET):

container to use to keep down the smell. The problem is that every sprayer I've tried has some metal part (spring, rod, nozzle, etc.) that eventually succumbs to the constant exposure to the bleach solution.

cobbled together from PVC/ABS pipe & fittings if anyone can dream something up. Spray is preferable to drizzling, as it helps keeps the sides of the container stink-free.

The bleach doesn't work for long in a sprayer not designed for bleach. I bought Clorox Clean-Up in a spray bottle and have been using the bottle for regular bleach mixture spraying since I ran out of the Clean-Up.

willshak

container to use to keep down the smell. The problem is that every sprayer I've tried has some metal part (spring, rod, nozzle, etc.) that eventually succumbs to the constant exposure to the bleach solution.

cobbled together from PVC/ABS pipe & fittings if anyone can dream something up. Spray is preferable to drizzling, as it helps keeps the sides of the container stink-free.

I've seen sprays at the dollar store that had bleach in them. I often reuse spray bottles for things like weed killer.

Reply to
Frank

Does anyone know of an all-plastic sprayer? I'd even settle for something cobbled together from PVC/ABS pipe & fittings if anyone can dream something up. Spray is preferable to drizzling, as it helps keeps the sides of the container stink-free.

Thanks in advance.

Flo-master bleach sprayer (one gallon pump type)

Reply to
Rick

I bought a bleach sprayer at the home depot.

I was looking for one with metal nozzle to spray tho thompsons water seal.

Greg

Reply to
gregz