Goodman Heat Pump

Page 3 of 3

CJT, Are you really that retarted? So you think installing a unit half the cost, twice, is better? What about the installing labor cost? Your economics thinking is a little warped. If you are purchasing Goodman equipment wholesale and can get parts wholesale and do your own repairs then I can say, YES, Goodman would be a good buy for you. Personally, I wouldnt have a Goodman in my home. Do I sell them? You bet your ass I do. If someone insists on a cheap install, Im happy to help and they get a Goodman. Instead of them getting the standard "One year free service" by us they get the 90 day warranty. Why? Because its going to break. They want cheap, thats what they get. You want something better, I can do that too. The customer is always right and I give them what they want. Bubba
Bubba < wrote:

Of course one must do the calculation with total cost, including installation.
Your

message

You know,... you guys keep stressing how important the installer is. And then you only give a 1 year warranty on your "better" line? Is it the equipment or your installers that you don't trust? The company I work for gives 5 years on Goodman. They(Goodman) warranty the parts and I guess my boss just has better guys doing installatons than you do because he's not losing any money. Go figure. BTW, there are exceptions to the warranty such as filters and condensate pumps.
Kathy wrote:

more credibility if they were more civil when presenting them. What I've read here doesn't exactly inspire confidence in these "professionals."

They give 5 years warranty on labor??? I find that hard to believe unless they charge extra up front. We are pretty generous by giving 2 years. Parts are 5 years, and then whatever the manufacturer offers (10 years on compressor, limited lifetime on heat exchangers, etc.).

5 yrs parts is standard on most everything. Labor is up to what the installing company wants to do. Standard is usually 1 yr from the installing company. I choose to do 90 days on Goodman because of their quality. The units are ok but they are cheap and they are cheap for a reason. If the customer so wants, I can offer them a 5 or 10 year parts and labor warranty on most all equipment. Customer is always right. Bubba
This is Turtle.
Like Dr. Hardcrab said. WM is just troll fishing up some replys.
TURTLE