Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

Page 4 of 16

Uh,YES,they DO. Their spent fuel rods are an excellent source of weapons-grade plutonium.

Yeah,except that Israel,India,Pakistan,South Africa,North Korea all prove you wrong. That genie is out of the bottle.

False. Their spent fuel rods are an excellent source of weapons-grade plutonium.

But what about the HIDDEN,clandestine enrichment/separation facilities and bomb-making plants?
Those DO enable rogue countries to make nuclear weapons,and are NOT under any international inspection.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Please issue a "spew warning" before posting such humor.
If not the most ignorant statement I've read in a *LONG* time, it is certainly among the funniest.

It is. You said so yourself.

I cheerfully forfeit that right - right now.
However, I RETAIN the right to be extremely annoyed when myopic pacifists whine and cry when we forcibly SILENCE their sword rattling.
--
:)
JR

People who know what they're talking about would disagree with your view on this issue. If I knew you were going to happen along, I would've jotted down the names of experts who were interviewed just after the latest intelligence stinker about Iran's nuclear capabilities. They all said that refining the fuel was a bitch, but bomb design was the easiest part.
Remember, too, that A.Q. Khan got nothing more than a slap on the hand. Do you really think the technology is such a well guarded secret?

You never saw me say anything indicating that I'm a pacifist. If you disagree, please prove me wrong.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I suspect you're not interpreting what they _really_ said quite right although I don't have a clue as to what or to whom specifically you're referring (other than the general gist of the report (that is now also not necessarily looking to be all that intelligent from what I hear more recently) I've not read much detail.)
Anyway, the basics of rudimentary technology for separation isn't that difficult, either -- it's the details of the efficiency of how to do it in large quantities with "only" hundreds or low-thousands of centrifuges as opposed to 10's of thousands in order to obtain sufficient weapons-grade material in a relatively short time.
Similar story w/ weapons manufacture -- to utilize limited amounts of material efficiently is a pretty good trick -- if one had lots of material, a crude weapon is indeed relatively straightforward.

I'm not going to whine and demand a citation. I believe this claim.
Obviously (to me, anyway), "easy" in this context is relative.

Perhaps not, particularly with the proliferation of knowledge due to internet connectivity and access. I'm sure much of weapons nuke technology is well guarded, but not exactly secret anymore. Too bad. <sigh>

Agreed. You're words have revealed that. I suspect, however, that you are among those that believe that words (diplomacy) should be used well after I think the shooting should commence.

Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much. You are informed and write well. I've enjoyed the "conversation".
Oh, wait. This is usenet: Your muther wears COMBAT BOOTS! (So there)
--
:)
JR

There's no such thing as diplomacy, just as there's no such thing as honest legislation. There is only the transfer of wealth and influence. Bribery, in other words.

Again JOE SPARE BEDROOM POSTS SHIT what dribble from a fuck head

Again JOE SPARE BEDROOM POSTS SHIT what dribble from a fuck head
++++++++++++++++++ Ransley, how many times do you have to be taught that your drunken rants are pointless.

Pot - kettle - black ...

Miller, a long time ago, you put the bottle to your head and pulled the trigger.

You forgot your meds again, Kanter -- you're making even less sense than usual today.

That's a lot of NONSENSE,as Iran signed the NPT,agreeing to monitoring of their entire nuclear program,not just the visible civilian power part of it. Once they violated their agreement.....off come the gloves.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Did you say "off come the gloves" ?
What do you mean by that?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

We dust off the War Prayer:
O Lord our Father, our young patriots, idols of our hearts, go forth to battle - be Thou near them! With them - in spirit - we also go forth from the sweet peace of our beloved firesides to smite the foe.
O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with hurricanes of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it - for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet!
We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts.
Amen.

Nobody here is interested in your sexual fantasies.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

You're the one who asked...

that still leaves government nuclear plants,reactors that make nuclear medical isotopes,and the secret enrichment facilities like Iran and N.Korea's.

I suspect that one could take spent fuel rods from a light water reactor and separate the PU from it to make warheads.
You could also use the spent rods for "dirty bombs",another sort of "nuclear weapon".
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

You figured that out?
"A close examination by the IAEA of the radioactive isotope content in the nuclear waste revealed that North Korea had extracted about 24 kilograms of Plutonium. North Korea was supposed to have produced 0.9 gram of Plutonium per megawatt every day over a 4-year period from 1987 to 1991. The 0.9 gram per day multiplied by 365 days by 4 years and by 30 megawatts equals to 39 kilograms. When the yearly operation ratio is presumed to be 60 percent, the actual amount was estimated at 60% of 39 kilograms, or some 23.4 kilograms. Since 20-kiloton standard nuclear warhead has 8 kilograms of critical mass, this amounts to mass of material of nuclear fission out of which about 3 nuclear warheads could be extracted."
http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/dprk/nuke/index.html

Don't complicate the issue with FACTS, Pete. Sheesh!
--
:)
JR

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 15:41:10 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

Of course, there's plenty of things equally deadly and you can never stop all of them.