Gluing aluminum to glass

Page 2 of 2

Try www.thistothat.com
Results:
LocTite Impruv JB Weld (ir appearance is NOT important)
It's a good site. Disclaimers apply.
-Zz
Locktite mirror adhesive is a pretty pricey fix. You'll probably need several packages. I think 3M urethane windhshield adhesive might do the trick, although I'm not sure if the glass has to have a primer coat first.
How about calling the desk manufacturer and having them send you some adhesive?

Correct and if not used properly, it will cost even more money for do overs. The OP would be better off of buying a kit from an auto glass repair shop or elsewhere, but that is the best choice.

If it isn't primerless urethane, then yes, you HAVE to use the correct primer(s) or it will just peel right off. Also windshield urethane doesn't come off of your hands w/o urethane hand cleaner. And, if you get it on your clothes or carpet it's not coming out, period! I would advise the OP the stay far away from that type of urethane. It's like a magnet when it comes to accidentally getting on things it shouldn't!
If you can't get a Loctite rearview mirror repair kit (a big one not the one shot deal from an auto parts store) I would suggest clear GE silicone II which can be bought at Home Depot and Lowes.
This is the kind of kit that I'm talking about. Be sure to clean both surfaces (especially the aluminum parts) VERY well with a single edge razor blade)
http://tinyurl.com/3lc9bs
Dan wrote:

Maybe a glue used for attaching the rear view mirror to windwhield? Auto parts tore sells it in a little tube.
One word: SUPERGLUE.
Thanks for the replies. I bought a couple tubes of Permatex rear view mirror adhesive, about 6 bucks total, and will give it a try. I'll post back with the results.
Thanks again
Dan

Make sure to clean and prime correctly (very important!) and only use about four-five drops of glue per aluminum part.