Glueing marine (outdoor) carpet to pvc

I want to make a cat scratcher by glueing marine carpet to a pcv pole, the scratcher will be used outside in the weather. Does anyone know what type of adhesive is the best to use for this purpose?

I'd skip the glue and use wire ties - the white plastic straps you use for bundling wires. Totally weatherproof, and when the carpet's worn out, you just cut the wire ties, the carpet comes off, and you replace it.
On Thu, 17 May 2007 12:48:15 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

If this is outside be sure to use UV protercted Tywraps, usually black. The white ones won't last a year.
I think I would just go with a good construction adhesive and throw the whole thing away when it is shot
Another option to the zip ties would be to overlap the carpet, use some fender washers and self tapping metal screws.
--
Steve Barker

"suzieq" < snipped-for-privacy@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
Preferably UV-resistant screws.