Glass blocks with internal lights, looking for post for diamond drill and lube

Googled for previous post with pictures of examples of Christmas decorative blocks with paintings and bow around the block. Don't recall what newsgroup was used for posting. A post following the pictures post provided a source for diamond drills, lube and material for making a dam to contain the lube while drilling. No luck searching for posts. Pointers welcomed.
I have a friend that used to make these. I don't remember him saying he needed lube etc. I think he just used a regular drill bit. I think he wen't through a handfull of bits but still sounds easer than using lube.
On Dec 14, 9:31 am, snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net wrote:

Check out this link: http://www.angelgilding.com/glassdrillingkit.asp
artyfishel wrote:

& oil, use a piece of brass tubing with notches filed in it to drill the hole. Keep lifting it so it can pick up fresh abrasive .. .. works like a charm and is cheap.
I think any lube will make a mess inside when the drill breaks through. Depending on the type of glass block, it may be a lot of work to clean the inside.

Hi Bob,
Try here. http://www.baddogtools.com/new/How-To/DrillBits/Drill.php They have a great line of drill bits and lube for drilling glass.
Dan

Make it easy buy plastic block, thats what the original probably was
snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net wrote:

much lighter to work with!