Glacier Bay Kitchen faucet leak

I just had a Glacier Bay pull out, single handle kitchen faucet installed. It is leaking a very small amount. The leak appears to be coming from underneath, where the flexible hoses go up through the hole in the sink to the faucet itself. Anything that can be done about this or does it sound like the faucet is defective?

Reply to
e62836

Unless the Chinese have decided to ignore the good design methods used in other faucets, you should find that those hoses screw onto male fittings on the bottom of the faucet. Those fittings should have teflon tape wrapped around them before the female part is screwed on. You have to be sure to wrap the tape in the same direction in which you turn the fittings to tighten them. I'd remove the fittings, make sure they're taped, or if they're already taped, make sure it's not all mangled. Clean off the old stuff, replace it, dry the whole area, and then observe.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I did not install the faucet myself. Is everything you described already done at the factory or does the person installing it have to do all that?

Thanks for you help.

Reply to
e62836

If it's like other faucets, the flexible tubes are separate, not included with the faucet. There's no way of knowing what length will be needed in each situation, so that's left up to the installer. I've only installed Moen faucets, which have short lengths of copper pipe sticking out the bottom into the cabinet area. These are threaded to accept the flex tubing. I'd be surprised if your faucet has the flex tubes permanently attached. If that's the case, I wouldn't buy another from that brand.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The plumber has to attach the water supply lines from your sink shutoff to the faucet - they are not factory installed.

Although there is a very small possibility that the faucet is defective, its almost certainly an installation error.

It's not hard to fix, but if you're not comfortable with plumbing, and you've just paid to have it installed, call the installer back and make them fix it. It shouldn't take them more than five minutes.

(And, IMHO, any plumber worth his salt bends copper supply lines to fit

- flexible lines are for us DIYers ;-) )

Reply to
Seth Goodman

replying to e62836, charles lee wrote: I also had the same problem with a new Glacier Bay single handle faucet. I found the problem was the cartridge was not completed seated. Remove the handle and tighten the cartridge retaining nut......that solved my problem.

Reply to
charles lee

There once was a time when a faucet was something that was used to get wate r. Now it has turned into an interior décor item not to mention Chinese j unk. Trash the Glacier Bay junk and get a commercial faucet. It won?t look as nice but at least you won?t have to pay a plumber every year to work on it for the rest of your life.

Reply to
Molly Brown

replying to charles lee, Sia wrote: Hi this sounds like my issue.. how does one remove the handle on the Glacier Bay mentioned? I can’t find any screws or way to take it apart.

Reply to
Sia

No hole that has a set screw inside on the back side?

Reply to
trader_4

I install the glacier Bay model HD67496 Dash 1027D. I get a text from the homeowner that the water turns itself on and they sent me a video. Is there a packing nut adjustment where does the carters have a problem?

Reply to
Doug

It's not leaking - the Glacier is just melting. Is that enough proof of global warming???

Reply to
Clare Snyder