GFI Power Strips ?

Do they make a GFI power strip, so that each plug is protected?
Yes, I know that you can buy a GFI outlet for any spot, but I am talking about another product, if they make it. With such a product, you could plug it into any outlet and then presto, have GFI outlets on a temporary basis.
I looked at Sears and Home depot, but did not find one.
Do they make it ?
Thanks !!
James
James wrote:

Not a power strip per se, but GFI extension cords are common in construction (required on many job sites)
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

shouldn't you have...replace "cox" with "roosters"? (or have roosters in the url address?)
Here's one: http://www.nextag.com/Woods-Industries-12-3X2FT-85528281/prices-html?nxtgXe80a1c0511-D62F4B33E5F416E9

James wrote:

Thanks for all replies, and the citation from RBM !!
James

You're taking the long way home... Install a GFCI circuit breaker, be done with it. Dave

- Install a GFCI circuit breaker, be done with it. - Dave
The OP said "With such a product, you could plug it into any outlet and then presto, have GFI outlets on a temporary basis."
How would installing a GFCI circuit breaker fit his "any outlet" scenario?
That might be an overkill Dave. I think the original poster just wanted a temporary GFI to work off of.
-Mike Dreamhome Builders, LLC http://www.DreamhomeBuildersLLC.com
Connect your business, products or services with 20,000 cities in over 200 countries around the world. Sign up for your free Indocquent account today! http://www.indocquent.com/register.htm

Dave did not fully read the OP.

Before I knew about GFCI extensions cords, I made my own by putting a GFCI receptacle in an outdoor receptacle box and attaching a 2 foot cord with a grounded plug on it. GFCI to go. Been using it for years.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

I haven't seen one of those. But I *do* have an in-line portable GFI - it plugs into a standard 15 A outlet and has a 15 A female plug. Plug a standard power bar into it, and you have a GFI-protected power bar.
    Dave
That is what I would really like to find !!
James
0-------------------------
I haven't seen one of those. But I *do* have an in-line portable GFI - it plugs into a standard 15 A outlet and has a 15 A female plug. Plug a standard power bar into it, and you have a GFI-protected power bar.
Dave
- That is what I would really like to find !!
Lowes: http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productList&Ne00&N=%205001127
Hechingers: http://www.hechinger.com//web/catalog/product_detail.aspx?pid 847
Home Depot: Not listed on their website, but I bet they carry them in the stores.
In addition, just about any electrical supply house will carry them.
Thanks Derbydad103 !! I am headed to Lowe's tomorrow !!!
James

Take a look at this link. It's exactly what you are looking for.
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~SearchStr~electrical~action~view~idProduct~TW38085~idCategory~FIMIGF~category~Tower_Shock_Buster_3_Outlet_Electrical_Cord_with_Inline_GFCI_Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies_Miscellaneous_GFCI_Cords___Grounding_Probes~vendor~.html