GFI Power Strips ?

Do they make a GFI power strip, so that each plug is protected?

Yes, I know that you can buy a GFI outlet for any spot, but I am talking about another product, if they make it. With such a product, you could plug it into any outlet and then presto, have GFI outlets on a temporary basis.

I looked at Sears and Home depot, but did not find one.

Do they make it ?

Thanks !!

James

Reply to
James

Not a power strip per se, but GFI extension cords are common in construction (required on many job sites)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Here's one:

RBM

You could always make your own.

Reply to
CJT

Thanks for all replies, and the citation from RBM !!

James

Reply to
James

You're taking the long way home... Install a GFCI circuit breaker, be done with it. Dave

Reply to
Dave

- You're taking the long way home...

- Install a GFCI circuit breaker, be done with it.

- Dave

The OP said "With such a product, you could plug it into any outlet and then presto, have GFI outlets on a temporary basis."

How would installing a GFCI circuit breaker fit his "any outlet" scenario?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Before I knew about GFCI extensions cords, I made my own by putting a GFCI receptacle in an outdoor receptacle box and attaching a 2 foot cord with a grounded plug on it. GFCI to go. Been using it for years.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

shouldn't you have...replace "cox" with "roosters"? (or have roosters in the url address?)

Reply to
pheeh.zero

That might be an overkill Dave. I think the original poster just wanted a temporary GFI to work off of.

-Mike Dreamhome Builders, LLC

Connect your business, products or services with 20,000 cities in over 200 countries around the world. Sign up for your free Indocquent account today!

BigBlueReview

Dave did not fully read the OP.

Reply to
James

I've got one, too.

Reply to
CJT

I haven't seen one of those. But I *do* have an in-line portable GFI - it plugs into a standard 15 A outlet and has a 15 A female plug. Plug a standard power bar into it, and you have a GFI-protected power bar.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Martindale

That is what I would really like to find !!

James

0-------------------------

I haven't seen one of those. But I *do* have an in-line portable GFI - it plugs into a standard 15 A outlet and has a 15 A female plug. Plug a standard power bar into it, and you have a GFI-protected power bar.

Dave

Reply to
James

- That is what I would really like to find !!

Lowes:

Hechingers:
Home Depot: Not listed on their website, but I bet they carry them in the stores.

In addition, just about any electrical supply house will carry them.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Thanks Derbydad103 !! I am headed to Lowe's tomorrow !!!

James

Reply to
James

Take a look at this link. It's exactly what you are looking for.

stemonia