GFCI for Lighting question

Wiring my new shop. I was planning to install some 4ft flourescent lights I happen to have. This would necessitate installing outlet receptacles in the ceiling. Do ceiling outlets (only for lighting) require a GFCI ? Or how about the dedicated circuit for the garage door opener? Thanks.
Joel 2 wrote:

The door opener is specifically excluded from the GFCI reqmnt; I wouldn't use a GFCI for the lighting since the recept is not readily accessible for portable cord use (tools,etc.) Should be a single recept directly above the fixture.
Jim

To reinforce what Jim correctly wrote, the non-GFCI receptacle in the ceiling should be simplex (single outlet) so only a dedicated appliance excluded from the GFCI requirement, such as the garage door opener, can be plugged in.
George Elkins