GFCI circuit breaker or i

Yi:

YJ> I need to install a circuit of 12 outlets/light fixture in the basement. YJ> I understand each GFCI can control 3 downstream outlets (a total of 4). YJ> So use of 3 GFCIs should work for the circuit. YJ> YJ> Are the any advantages using GFCI circuit breakers? Cost difference is YJ> neglegible.

Really?? Last I checked GFCI circuit breakers were a lot more expensive.

Not going to get into the number of protected outlets per GFCI but having multiple may have an advantage. If a GFCI trips it will only kill the power to one wall (or room section, depending on how wired) - the whole room would not go dark.

  • Hearsay: What toddlers do when anyone mutters a dirty word.
Reply to
barry martin