Get rid of Cigerate Smoke Smell

Page 2 of 2
On 6 Feb 2006 09:03:30 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Just start smoking yourself and you wont notice it.
On 6 Feb 2006 09:03:30 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Other have suggested caulking. That's probably a good idea, but you have a great deal more caulking to do than you might think. I once lived in an building where idiots in the apartment below started a fire. The firemen came quickly and put it out, before there was any serious damage.
Afterwards there were little "plumes" of soot on the walls in more places than I could count. Every wall penetration showed evidence of smoke. Around every door frame, wall outlet and light fixture. In various places over and under base moldings. Even in small cracks in the plaster. Certainly around every plumbing and heat pipe.
I might add that in another building we lived in there were crevices under baseboards where even MICE managed to get through, although the space didn't look nearly as big as the mouse. Presumably there was a vermin highway in the walls. Based on what I have seen, I wouldn't be surprised if even your floors were not 100% sealed.
My very inexpert opinion is that you will never get it all sealed up. Positive pressure might be worth investigating.
Greg Guarino

If thats the case. The best thing to do would be to have a large crane come and take the upper apartment off from the lower one, and set it on it's own foundation away from the smoker. :)