Generators, Again?!

Page 3 of 3
The Daring Dufas wrote:

"A Modest Proposal for Preventing the Children of Poor People From Being a Burden on Their Parents or Country, and for Making Them Beneficial to the Publick" by Jonathan Swift, 1729.
The British thought it more economical to export the Irish to the colonies.
On 10/6/2012 11:45 AM, HeyBub wrote:

I was very disappointed when my physician told me I could no longer have children. He said they contain too much sugar and I could choke on the small bones. ^_^
TDD
Avoid Italians, too greasy. Give you heart attack. German kids taste like cabbage. Conneseurs like French children from the north side of the river, in the sunny areas.
Is this thread turned sick, or what? I hesitate to click send.
Small children are a good source of high quality protein. Back when Ireland had its Potato Famine someone wrote that the Irish had plenty of food running loose. ^_^
TDD
Smitty Two wrote:

Those systems are pretty inefficient fuel consumption wise, and depending on the vehicle they can present some cooling issues as well during stationary operation. They are primarily intended for TV and emergency vehicles to take the place of dedicated onboard generators that take up space and weight and require additional maintenance. They aren't a very good solution for home backup power and they're pretty expensive.
<stuff snipped>

Besides, a quick hit with a spring-loaded centerpunch on the driver's window might mean you not only lose your generator but your car, too. In many jurisdictions it's illegal to leave a car or truck running without an occupant for just that reason.
-- Bobby G.