Generac Pressure Washer - Replace or repair pump?

Model G21 (01536-1) 2100 PSI
This thing did not work right straight from the store. At any rate, here's the issue: Once the pressure builds up it's fine until I release the trigger. Then it goes to standby mode (low pressure). But when I squeeze the trigger again, very little pressure is present - it just puts out slightly more water than standby. With the trigger wide-open, I have to change the nozzle setting - either push in or pull out to gain the high pressure again. A guy at my lawn maint shop said it's likely a valve that is not sensing the pressure change and opening or closing. He suggested a pump rebuild kit. I found a site, but they have several kits for the different parts of the pump. Trial and error could get me a rebuilt pump but damn close to the price of a new pump. I think I need this (unloader) kit:
http://www.ppe-pressure-washer-parts.com/product/187879GS
I use the pump once a year to do my driveway and grill. I hate to dump more money into it, but the only bad part is the pump. The engine is just fine. Thoughts?

✖
On 24 feb, 20:40, "dan" <> wrote:

Hi I wouldn't repair the pump, but i would repair the sensor that mesures the pressure, as the as the gey at your lawn maint shop said. Also possible is dirt which is making the sensor malfunctioning ! Is it totally clean ? Can there be some sand in it ? http://www.freewebs.com/wimvlb/index.htm wim
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@telenet.be wrote:

The problem is, the sensor is IN the pump. One of those numerous kits would/should fix the issue. I just don't know which kit.

✖
Pay someone to clean the driveway every few years.
<dan> wrote in message

Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 24, 1:40 pm, "dan" <> wrote:

It might be your low water pressure and lack of flow-gpm. Try it at a location with known good pressure and gpm. But why you waited to address the issue till the warranty expired says you never did use it or know if it worked, or probably even got it new .
Add pictures here
✖
ransley wrote:

Two different houses and the same issue with both. On the warranty issue: my fault - I just did not get around to it and now I'm paying the price.

✖