GE XL44 Burner won't ignite

I have XL44 GE 30" Oven Model # JGBP35WEA7WW. The oven doesn't heat. The upper broiler does ignite when you select broil. However, selecting Bake >

temp +/-, start (as I have in the past) it does not ignite. I do hear a "click" around by the control panel. I removed the lower pan and inspected for loose/broken wires. All seems OK. Unplugged it for a few minutes, reconnected- no difference. I looked in the Trouble shooting section in the instruction manual as well as GE's website. No real answers there. Is it likely the lower burner igniter (#WB02X9154)? Is there a test (ohm or static) for the igniter to verify it works or not?

Thanks

Bg

Reply to
Bob G

Hi,

static) for the igniter to

Sure...

....cna also check for 110-120 volts AC across th 2 wires going to the hot surface ignitor, proper power there and no red glow = new ignitor time.

for oven, broiler, or both.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Jeff, Just what I was looking for. Thanks

Was going to ask what the voltage shouldbe after I sent the question.

TVM

(ohm or static) for the igniter to

Reply to
Sofi