GE Silicone II Sucks!!

Page 2 of 2

How much does it cost to mail a tube of silicone? I can do that for about a buck! Get a brand new tube of silicone for a buck?
If this is one of size for a caulk gun, then maybe $2 or 3 to ship it back - good price for a new one!
On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 01:24:39 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@manx.misty.com (Don Klipstein) wrote:

Manufactures usually, for me, send me a replacement, and ask for me to send back (postage paid) the defective one.
Remember the cost isn't just the tube, it's the time lost, and having to clean up gunk.
later,
tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info
On 12/05/06 02:39 pm Pissed wrote:

Maybe yours came from a bad batch. I've used it, and it seems to be fine.
Perce
On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 21:27:09 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"

I was a few minutes into a "caulk the sink job". Something was wrong and I had problem. It seemed like it was to "runny"; not easily worked with. Got another product for the job and finishedt. A lot less effort than trying to ban the product from the earth.
-- Oren
TommyV had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-GE-Silicone-II-Sucks-172928-.htm : I wish I would have looked at this site before - GE Caulk sux big ones - will not dry and is starting to crack - DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT - DO NOT USE ANY GE CAULK AT ALL - THEY ARE THE WORST!!!
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 351955 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
On 03 May 2009 23:52:18 GMT, suthrn_gentlman_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (TommyV) wrote:

If it doesn't dry, it was too old. Sometimes I can make a tube last for years, but sometimes they get too old before then. IIRC it sometimes smells sort of like vinegar when it's too old.
If you think it's too old, apply a dab to a piece of paper and wait to see if it dries. If it dries nice, then do your job.

You know 10's, maybe 100's, of millions of people use it successfully.

"KC" wrote:

The suckocompany will do about anything to SPAM their business on usenet.
Jon
I've had poor results with Dap.
Dap is crap, Dow is wow.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

GE is whee?
Lets move this discussion to alt.lite.bulb please.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Pissed wrote:

Last week the FDA re-approved Silicon breast implants. GE may be looking elsewhere (along with the rest of us).