GE Dishwasher timer problem ??

I have a GE dishwasher model # GSD1200T02.

Would a bad timer cause the drain solenoid to no close? If I listen when the unit goes from darin to fill and open the door - cutting power- The solenoid closes and the unit is allowed to fill. If I don't do this all the fill water goes out the drain.

How much of a pain is it to get to the timer and would it do any good to clean contacts ?

Thanks

Derek A.

Reply to
Derek Atkin

Hi,

?Close?...probably not, a bad timer may not send power to the drain solenoid so it cannot energize and open the drain valve.

The timer would have to be sending power to the drain solenoid all the time to keep it open and to prematurly drain out the water....opening the door and closing it wouldn't help....more possible something mechanical is sticking/stuck....the drain valve recloses with a spring....have seen the drain solenoid cook a bit and the plunger gets stuck inside. Also the drain hose must have a high loop in it and cannot go straight down through the floor.

Fairly easy with the power off, need to seperate the outer panals and consol from the inner door panal...see the screws around the door edge.

Probably not.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff