garden sprayer won't pump up

It's a plastic one, "Loyalty" 2 gal that hasn't been used in years
when I try to pump it up, very little pressure is built. It seems to not be sealing inside the pump cylinder. Can I make it work? Thanks.

Try some WD 40 sprayed into the cylinder to lubricate it and try again.

the pump comes apart. it has some o rings in it. either they rotted out or need lubrication. do so with some silicone based grease. there's also a check valve in the pump. it could have gone bad with heat and time. this isn't replicable.
charlie wrote: ...

There's also the relief valve in the tank -- it's an o-ring seal that also can be replaced (assuming they didn't use an OEM non-standard o-ring which I'm finding in more and more stuff these days... :( )