Garbage Disposal Problem

When I turn on my garbage disposal I can hear the motor spin up, and down when I turn it on/off.
The turntable with the hammers is not spinning, though. The table plus hammers kind of wobbles around in the grinding chamber when I poke at it with a stick. It seem loose. Maybe not connected to the motor drive shaft??
Water flows freely through the unit.
Any ideas for repairs or do I buy a new one? It is 25 years old.
Any recommended brand?
Thanks
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

buy a new one, they arent worth messing with.
just buy a mid price any brand, the cheapest anything is usually built for cheap, the highest price to atrtract the high end $$$ buyer.
thus mid priced stuff is usually the best for all around value

If your time is worth more than a dollar an hour, you should just replace the thing.
Walter R. wrote:

Get rid of it. It's an unnecessary appliance. You have a garbage can don't you? Put your swill in a zip lock bag before you toss it and it won't stink. Zip locks come in sizes from half sandwich size all the way up to 'real big'.
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 17:49:00 -0400, Van Chocstraw

I just use plastic rap

Brilliant!
And what happens to the Zip-locked "swill"? Goes to the landfill, incinerator or ?
Ground up food waste goes to a sewage treatment plant; gets primary, secondary & perhaps tertiary treatment and into the ocean or a river to be truly recycled.
If you really want to get rid of your GD.....compost food waste (less fat & meat)
cheers Bob