Garbage disposal = kaput!

Page 2 of 2

Presumably a "sinario" is where you do something really kinky?

... like with Garbage disposal too many times; Yeeeee Haaaaaaaa!!! ... and in the garden; Yeeeee Haaaaaaaa!!! (I see you think, and outside the box)
Bob Stan http://www.insty-grill.com ...I love simple things

... like with Garbage disposal too many times; Yeeeee Haaaaaaaa!!! ... and in the garden; Yeeeee Haaaaaaaa!!! (I see you think, and outside the box)
Bob Stan http://www.insty-grill.com ...I love simple things
Thanks to all whom replied. I am opting to install a new unit.
I am going to upgrade fro mthe 1/3 HP to a 1/2 HP since I want to be able to process all my tree trimmings with a new one.
Now comes the fun part....choosing one. Within a couple of miles is a Sears, Home Depot and a Lowe's. It appears I can get a 1/2HP for less than $70:
HD - Badger - $58 - L - GE/Whirlpool - $58/$61 S - Kenmore - $69
Is one any better than the other? I'm guessing only a few companies make these, so they're probably basically all the same.
TIA,
SK

Yes. you can read about household disposals at this link:
http://ng.appliance411.com/parts/showcase.disposal.shtml

The Badger, Whirlpool and Kenmore are all likely made by In-Sink-Erator. That is the brand *I* would go with.
The GE was likely made by the same manufacturer which made yours, namely Anaheim Manufacturing.
Getting a replacement from the same manufacturer which made the original and of a similar size may reduce the changes to the plumbing and installation mounting which is required for the replacement. Going to a different manufacturer's product you should expect some changes will likely be needed to those.
JFYI
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=garbage+disposers
=~~~~~~
Update...shreading trees now!!!! ;-)
First stop was to Sears which had a 3/4HP on sale for $99 (this one has a 4YR warentee). Got there and discovered an open-box "floor model" 3/4HP (5YR warentee) Kenmore model for $89...after some haggeling, I left with this one for $75.
Got home...and just as a couple of you mentioned, the fittings were different where the drain pipe connects. Also, I was hoping to use the old wiring harness on new GD, but decided against. So off to the Home Depot. $15 later, I had the new harness, plumbing fixture, and some putty.
The hardest part was cleaning up...wanna smell my hands?!? New unit works like a charm and is a lot quieter! Anyone who needs some tree waste processed, come on over!!!
SK

I believe the 3/4 HP ought to just about take care of most soft kitchen waste :-)