Garbage disposal

We don't use our disposal, but I used to put ice cubes down it monthly just to maintain it. Well, unfortunately, I have forgotten to do that for a few months & it has stopped working. What do I do now? When I turn the faucet on & flip the switch, nothing happens.
check the bottom of it. There is probably a reset button. Press it and see if that reset the unit.
David

just to

months
flip

If it is humming and not running, then the blades are stuck. On the outside bottom of the unit, there should be a hex shapped socket that you can turn using a socket wrench. Do this back and forth until the blade turn free. It that does not work, try reaching your hand into the unit and feel around to see if you can find the obstruction (I once found a pop bottle cap was sedged in the blades). If that does not work, try turning the blade with something larger. I used a broom handle once.
If there is no humming when you flip the switch, then it is either an electrical problem or the unit might be shot.