Garage slab slopes in

I've noticed dampness in the front 5' of my 20x24 detached garage a few times when it rained in the past month or two (didn't really have any considerable rain last fall). Yesterday I had enough water in the front that I had to mop it out. After getting the standing water out, on a whim I placed a torpedo level where the 9' garage door opening is. You guessed it, the slab slopes IN torwards the inside of the garage. A rough guess of 1/4" over 4' from outside the entrance in to the front of the garage. It's only on the right side, the other side slopes torwards the outside.
I'm at a loss as to what I can do. It's evident now why there was so much more water on that side. Before I thought the rain was just so heavy and blowing that it was seeping under the garage door; that's not the case - it's flowing in!.
My 1st question is: is there anything I can do to change this? I assume there is no way to block the water with weatherstripping or the like. I've seen someone's garage where they had the weatherstripping glued to the slab opening...would this work? Or, is there any kind of thin floor leveler or cement I can put on the slab in that area to raise it enough to slope back out?
Secondly it seemes to be coming in under the green sill plate where the T111 siding meets the slab by the door. Can I silicone that joint to keep the water out?
Ideas/suggestions?
1. Cut into your concrete slab/apron with the appropriate rental tool.
2. Add in drain channel in front of the whole length of the door http://doitbest.com/shop/product.asp?mscssidH1E07RHE2US8M2U5Q3F92RBXBR59K20&dept%5Fid 31&skuD1163
3. Add a grate to the top to keep debris out http://doitbest.com/shop/product.asp?mscssidH1E07RHE2US8M2U5Q3F92RBXBR59K20&dept%5Fid 31&skuD1198
4. Use appropriate pipe underground to carry it away from the building and drain into your yard http://doitbest.com/shop/product.asp?mscssidH1E07RHE2US8M2U5Q3F92RBXBR59K20&dept%5Fid 31&skuD5274
Or drain into a dry-well
5. You will need to remove gook from the drain channel 1-3 times per year. Put stainless steel screws in the grate covers to make live easy for yourself to remove them for maintenance.

The glued down treshold should work for you. You can find it at http://www.new-garage-door-parts.com/stormshield.html Rich
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Todd R. Haverstock) wrote in message

You think you've got it bad??!! I've got a "montreal style" bilevel home, where the attached garage is literally in the basement. so my driveway slopes down towards the garage, creating a ski hill for water to flow!!!
however, the advice below is very effective. I've got exactly this...a drain channel wider than the door, about 6" across and at least 8" deep. this channel is fed into the sump system of the house (no other alternative to meet code :( ) large heavy metal grate overtop to allow vehicles to pass overtop with ease. The only flaw with the logic below is the cleaning....1-3 times year!? man, I've only owned this house since May 2003, and I've cleaned it 10 times over the course of the summer. its unreal what will build up in there, esp if the garage is active with vehicles.
good luck!!!

whim
guessed
of