Garage Opener Safety Beam bypass???

Since I have a habit of leaving the house without closing the garage door, I installed a buzzer on it that comes on and goes off with the light. It's a perfect reminder. However if I'm working outside and going in and out of the garage, the buzzer becomes very annoying. Is there anyway I can bypass or "fool" the Garage Opener Safety Beam? Yes, I know I can step over it, but I have tendency to forget to do this.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

Greg-EE

You can turn the security light feature (light comes on when you walk through the photo-cell beam) on & off with the multi-function wall panel "light" button on any Chamberlain (Liftmaster, Crafstman) opener. This does not effect the safety beam at all from reversing a closing door.

To turn off: Start w/ opener lights off, press & hold the light button for 10 seconds, until the light goes on, then off again.

To turn on: Start w/ opener lights on, hold light button till light goes off & then on

If you have a single button that looks like a doorbell button you will need to replace it w/ a multi-function wall panel switch to use this feature.

The openers use to come w/ this feature turned off, but currently the default from the factory is the feature is turned on. They had it for a while, but w/ the feature turned off from the factory many people did not realize it was there. Who ever reads the whole manual or any of it at all?

Doordoc

Doordoc