Garage Door Sprng Snapped....How to repair?

Page 5 of 5
Goedjn writes:

No. Cost and complexity correlate.

Only for those with severely limited vision and knowledge. But then, I've noticed for a long time that you see everything in black & white and you are not a very creative thinker.
Terry & Skipper, Clearlake Texas

I cast pearls; you are the swine.

See that? You still can't come up with anything original.
Tell us again about how all petrochemicals are really the same thing as each other (some are thicker and some are thinner) and it's perfectly safe to drink them.
Terry & Skipper, Clearlake Texas
Go to Lowes or Home Depot and have them install a torsion bar instead of springs.
Robert

"Jim McLaughlin" <jim.mclaughlin> wrote in message

If it is torsion spring system (a rod) runs through the spring) and you have to ask, PLEASE call a pro to do the job. I know how to do it and I still call a pro. I have seen too many serious injuries to even think about DIY on this one. I do about everything else I need except roofing.
Colbyt
Its not a torsion spring, its an extension spring set, which is obvious to anyone who read the original post and noted the dimensions given.
--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
"Jim McLaughlin" <jim.mclaughlin> wrote in message

Well Jim I am too damn lazy to go out to the garage and measure mine but I think my torsion spring with a rod through it is at least 36" long and I know it is at least 1.5" because the rod is close to 1" and there is a lot of space around it.
Have one of us confused our terms? I may be mistaken but I thought that torsion springs went through a rod and were twisted tighter and looser to raise and lower the door. Extension springs generally follow the track at the side or top and are stretched to provide the lift.
--
Colbyt
One picture can be worth a 1000 words.
Colbyt wrote:

spring including saying that it was parallel to the rails.

Then I will apologize now. I did not see those posts. I only saw a couple of replies.
My normally very dependable news provider has used up all their downtown for the next 5 years.
Colbyt