Garage Door opens by itself...

MIL has a Genie garage door opener that keeps going into operation by itself. My first thought is a high-power CB signal, or HAM operator in the neighborhood, but this is just a guess. Any ideas on how to troublehsoot this?
Many thanks for any ideas...
Dave

Start by changing the code on your opener and remotes. It's likely a neighbor has the same code.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

There are to many code possibilities so Its not likely that issue. Mine did that for years every week when the weather changed like when it got hot out, it was one of the adjustment screws, I dont remember if it was travel or force but I called the manufacturer support line and they walked me through it. Mine has 4 screws for downforce and travel distance, try travel distance first. I have set screws on 2 sides of the unit.
ransley wrote:

It is if the homeowner left the code in the default setting.
A local TV expose recently had the reporters driving around with a garage door opener as it came from the factory. They opened a lot of doors...

    How old is the unit? Do you have an airport nearby?
    LIkely just changing the code will take care of it.

Hey guys (and gals). I didn't even think of the possibility of the default code being the cause. Will definetly check that out. Unit is about five years old, and the closest airport is about 25 miles away (I believe.) Will also check with the support line for the manufacturer to see what they say.
Many, many thanks to all,
Dave
Man, that's great! Usually you have to pay extra for that feature.
John