Garage door opener problem

I have a Sears opener that is approx. 9 yrs old. I have 2 remote controls, 1 keypad (wireless), and the factory button in my car. All worked, until about a year ago, when 1 battery went dead(?). Replaced the battery, remote still didn't work. Tried to reprogram remote using the instructions in the owners manual, and it worked. Now comes the fun part, this remote works, all the rest don't! Finally I got 1 remote, the key-less pad and the car button to work, but can't get the 2 remotes working at the same time. Program one and the other quits, program the other, and the first one will not work. Any suggestions/information would be a big help. Thanks Don

Reply to
Easy

The one that quit originally lost its "rolling code" capability forever (non-repairable per factory) & needs to be replaced. It will never work again at the same time as the others. The board can "accept" either type but not both at the same time and when you try to program different types they will always keep disableing all the ones programmed before it.

DoorDoc

doordoc

Thank you, makes sense, kind of what I had in the back of my mind. Now if only I can remember which one was the bad one............LOL, and come up with the $50 Sears wants for a new one. Thanks again Fred

Reply to
fredbarga246