Garage door opener manual remote switch

Can anyone tell me what the voltage requirements are for a switch that will be used to replace an existing inside the house garage door opener manual switch?
I have purchased a replacement, and I understand that the line coming from the garage door opener is basically a low voltage unit. I've purchased what is a door bell ringer switch, but it's rated at up to 16 volts. Will this work for what I want to do?
The Garage Door opener is a Sears Craftsman/Chamberlain unit.
Thanks,
Danny
Subject: Garage door opener manual remote switch Newsgroup: alt.home.repair => Danny <= wrote:

Yes.
--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email

That's what I bought and used. My kids kept losing their house key so I install a hidden switch to the garage doors.

Sears has an wireless touchpad remote that is programable to your favorite code. Takes a 9v battery. Check their web site to see which model you needed.
I would not even consider the wired models any more.