Garage Door Opener

A contractor just installed a new Sears opener yesterday, and I just noticed a persistent low volume buzzing sound coming from the unit. This is one of three I have. The other two and the old one have never done this. Any ideas?
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:00:50 -0400, "Dimitrios Paskoudniakis"

Dimitrios Paskoudniakis wrote:

When motor is in motion or?

All the time. When the door is fully closed, fully opened, or in motion.
Dimitrios Paskoudniakis wrote:

Probably coming from the power transformer which may have not been varnish impregnated or otherwise treated to prevent its parts from "rattling" slightly under the influence of the ac magnetic fields within it.
If you know what a transformer looks like, remove the opener's cover and with the power connected use an insulated rod, like maybe a popsicle stick, to gently press against different locations on and near the power transformer and see if you can make the buzzing cease.
If you can make it stop, then disconnect power from the unit and try smearing some 5 minute epoxy on the parts which you found "rattling" and could silence by pressing on them. That will probably do the trick.
You may also find when prodding around with the insulated stick that it's just a loose fastener near the transformer allowing something to vibrate against someting else.
Good luck,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Sounds very reasonable. However, I paid Sears to have it professionally installed, and it is under warranty, so I'm now having them come to do this. I'm guessing your diagnosis is correct, but I'll let them come back and do this.

Ask the contractor to come back and correct it.