Garage door help

We just went through hurricane Frances and I thought I was going to lose my garage door at 3 am. Do any of you have any slick ideas on ways to brace the 16 ft. wooden door from the inside? I have seen the professional braces using 2x4s against the door with the bottom setting in a hole cut into the cement floor and some sort of bracket above the door to hold the 2x4. I don't have a lotta time to fabricate something or go out and buy parts. I could cut some holes in the floor and perhaps use 2x4s wedged against the middle of the door. All ideas are eagerly wanted. Thanks and pray Ivan moves a bit west. Chuck B.

I have absolutely no experience with this sort of thing but I went into the garage and looked at mine. In your situation I would build two right angles out of 2x4's at the 5 foot and 11 foot positions and secure it to the floor using tapcon screws. Over the door I would use scab wood to secure it to the header above the door.
Best wishes
Colbyt
Colbyt wrote:

screws at HD or Lowes I can get started. Looks like Ivan might miss me but I'm not taking any chances. Chuck B.