Garage door dents

I installed a used garage door on my shed. It has a few dents and creases in it and I was wondering if there was a trick to getting some of these out?
stryped wrote:

How about telling us what it's made from?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

It is a regular garage door, I assume it is aluminum.

Now, is it textured or smooth?
stryped wrote:

Bondo?
Norminn wrote:

Ball peen hammer while somebody holds a small hand-held anvil on the other side of the dent. Just like body shops used to do 20-30 years ago. You may even still be able to find the tools at an auto-body supply house. Unless you are a natural at it, it'll probably looks worse when you are done, and you will probably need to putty and paint some anyway.
It's a shed. It is supposed to look well-used.
-- aem sends....

I've taken dents out of a few metal garage doors (don't ask). Best approach I've found is to go slowly and try to reverse the process that caused the dent. I.e. try to "un dent" it starting with the part of the dent that was caused first. Similar to the approach you'd use with a dent in a car. Won't ever be perfect, but with care (and a not too large dent) can be made pretty good.
Can you use a suction cup? Or how about dry ice? Another may be hot glue on the end of a flat object. Lou
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barack Obama
Lou wrote:

I've never tried it but here's a page with a video on using dry ice to remove dents on an auto body:
http://www.wisebread.com/remove-car-dents-quickly-and-cheaply

Wow, I'm glad you found that. I've never tried it either. Lou