gable overhang

Greetings,
I'm building a simple shed with a gable roof & would like to overhang the roof (gable side) about 4'. The roof is cement tile. Any thoughts?
I figure if nothing else I can simply extend the top plates on the two sides over & put in posts but I'm wondering if there's a better (read postless) way.
Thanks
--
Kyle A. York
Sr. Subordinate Grunt

I have a 4' gable overhang with concrete tile without posts & it's been fine for 20+ years on a 24' span, 5:12 pitch roof. Please note that my timber sizes are for exposed cedar, so they're bigger than you would use for SYP, fir, etc. I have a pair of 4x12 top plate extensions & a 4x12 ridge extension. On those I have 2 sets of exposed 4x8 rafters 24" o.c. & used 3/4" plywood for roof decking. HTH.