Future Electrician (If he lives that long)

http://www.galvestonmusicscene.com/Blog-Photos/Pic-BoyElectricOutlet.jpg
On 1/23/2011 11:26 PM, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

Where did you find a picture of me as a kid? :-)
TDD
snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote in

Spouse is the hardy kind. When we were dating in 1964 (in Holland, 220V), she had a problem with the electrical cord of her iron. It was too long. So she cut it with the big scissors. That melted a hole like a half circle with a quarter inch diameter in the scissors.
--
Best regards
Han

That's one reason we use 110V here. I have seen electricians working on 220V say they could find the CB by shorting it...and only managed to draw many 2-3" archs with their attempts.

m:
The "hot slot" (keep your mind out-of-the-gutter) is the smaller and a knife is rounded to minimize this possibility.
On 1/24/2011 6:02 AM, Bob Villa wrote:

Shorting the power to find the breaker is known as "The Jesus Method". You short the wires and shout "JESUS!" when the wire vaporizes producing a bright flash and small explosion. :-)
TDD
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 23:26:32 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

Could have been me. I don't recall why, but I was doing something when I was about 10 that involved putting a plug in an outlet and it had about 8" of pigtail on it with the ends stripped. I'd been using it to test something and just left it plugged in. Later in the day I saw it and thought "I need to pull that plug out" and I just grabbed the pigtails and YEOUCH!!!. Luckily they shorted and blew the fuse.
The stuff I did as a kid with electricity would never be allowed today.
On 1/25/2011 9:36 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

TERRORIST! :-)
TDD