Fuller Tools

Are made-in-Japan Fuller Tools good stuff or junk?

What kind of tools? Sources? Warranties? Major merchants or internet?
Joe
On 2/14/2010 1:10 PM, Joe wrote:

The question relates to Fuller Tool 194-8 Lineman's Pliers made in Japan. They're quite old, so the present quality of Fuller Tools may not relate to my older pliers. The current model number is 406-1948.
mcp6453 wrote:

It depends. Fuller used to be a trustworthy brand- I still have my giant pump pliers from them after 20 years. But like all the other people who have outsourced productions (or the ones that really don't exist any more- somebody just bought up the name), you really have to have the tool in your hands and give the Mark I eyeball once over to tell. Stanley used to make respectable hand tools for home use, but the stuff I have seen lately with their name on it, is pretty much crap. I wouldn't buy any big sets on-line or anything, but I have been eyeing the 50-buck set Sam's Club carries, for 'leave in the car' tools.
-- aem sends....
aemeijers wrote:

Speaking of old Stanley, I have a WWII issued Stanley Phillips #2 with wooden handle screwdriver. New never used in plain military package. Actually I haven't seen it since I moved, but it's here somewhere.

Hey, an old Nintendo game bundled with an old console started at 10 bucks and sold for $13 grand recently.
http://tinyurl.com/ygcd5f7
Find your screwdriver.

Could be at least 35 years ago I had a cast iron Fuller vise. The acme threads on the movable jaw disintegrated. Called the company and they sent an entire new vise free of charge. That was a long time ago and their policies may or may not be differant today. The replacement vise however is still performing well. I do grease the screw on rare occasions.
Joe G