Anyway to make a daybed frame?
Also, does anyone out there own a daybed and how well does it work as per above?
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote in

instructions of the create a bed people at www.wallbed.com
--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid
Han wrote:

wedge-shaped cushion to sit on top of the bed the long way, to serve as a backrest. Cover it in fabric, and make a throw for the bed itself out of the same fabric. If you want to pretty things up, build a tall box frame to hold some of those flat storage boxes underneath, and create a spot to stash the bed pillows and such during the day. I saw multiple articles detailing all this decades ago in the DIY magazines, to put in a den so it could do double-duty as a guest room. If you don't look too hard, it sort of looks like a couch when company is over.
-- aem sends...
<me@p wrote

Define outrageous. I see them from 150$ or so and up at Amazon.con.

Easy if you have some skills.

Had them several times. Made a few out of spare parts. Just add big cushions to the back to make it look like a sofa.
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

You're simply describing a large Futon (viz.)

Viz? I thought futons had thin crummy matresses, that would roll up. Isn't she going to use a better mattress?
"mm" wrote "HeyBub" wrote: me wrone

Still waiting to see her priceline. I googled some very nice ones in the 250$ range. Wood type, look more like a sofa.

Easy for those of us who know tools. Need to know what you know already.

Nope, she means a daybed. Not same.

Above, she has a regular twin.
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

Just to clarify, what do you define as a "daybed"? Do you have a frame and spring for the twin matt.?

And I forgot....by the time you spend money for extra pillows, frame, you can probably buy either a low-price chair or loveseat that convert to bed, or a futon that converts. I would ck. garage sales and goodwill.