From the washer to the dryer

Well, now the dryer is causing problems. The dryer does not seem to shut off. I think it is the timer. The dryer doesn't turn off either in timed mode or dryness setting mode but if you turn the dryer to off, or open the door it does turn off. Any suggestions? mark

Have you asked repairclinic.com or one of the other expert sources? They will help with diagnostics and also parts to get you up and running quickly.
HTH
Joe.

When everything was working fine, could you see the timer advancing, the knob turning perhaps? If so, is it turning now? Does it get all the way to the end?

Doesn't that tend to exclude the timer?

Get a kitchen timer and use that?

No the timer knob does not seep to be moving.

Doesn't that tend to exclude the timer?
Huh?

I don't think so....
Update.... I took off the head and checked the voltage across the timer. There is a 2-3 volt drop between runnun/not running. While I had it away from the wall I stuck the ol' shop vac up the dryers business end and up the exhaust vent. After I looked in the shop vac and found a rather large clump of lint. Started the dryer and the timer DID work on a timed cycle. So we will have to run a load or two to see what happens. Thanks for you ideas. Mark