Freezer runs but doesn't cool

I have a manual defrost upright freezer (Kenmore 564 29701991) that doesn't cool. Probably my fault but I want to get an idea about whether to try to repair or replace. I hadn't defrosted it in quite a while and I know there was a good frost buildup (and now a good lesson to me). Apparently it stopped cooling. I noticed some water near it but it had been raining and I thought I just had a little seepage. Well, the water got thick and you can guess the rest. Something is running. The coils feel a little cool but may be wishful thinking on my part. Is there anything I can look at and try to guess whether it is worth repairing? It is less than 6 years old. Thanks.

Reply to
marmone

You lost the freon. Did you poke a hole in a coil when defrosting?

Only you can decide if its worth fixing. Call for estimates.

Reply to
maradcliff

It defrosted itself...big skinky mess.

Reply to