freezer

Hi, our 3 month old upright freezer has a lot of frost, is this normal?

Your kidding?
check
crystalball.freezer.com
No it implies that either the defrost cycle is not happening (timer or heating element is bad) or that the door is not sealing completely and room air is freely circulating (check the door seal)

Some uprights are not frost-free.
I've had a chest for at least six years now. I haven't defrosted it yet. But then I don't open it very often. How often does the OP open theirs?
I've heard that a non-frost-free freezer is best because it is less likely to dry out the food over time. But I think most uprights tend to be frost-free. I've had a chest type for a long time that isn't and have only had to deforst a few times in its life.

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 03:25:21 GMT, "mwlogs"

I would think a chest freezer wouldn't get as much frost to begin with. When you open an upright, all the cold air falls out, replaced probably by warmer air with more humidity. When you open a chest, not much happens, right?
Does it have a defrost switch
shut a dollar bill in between the door frame and gasket. now drag it around the door to check for gasket failure. it should be kinda hard to pull around.