flush golf balls

Any comments on these Champion toilets? American Standard has a TV marketing blitz going on. I thought the Toto toilet has had the large flush valve for at least 7 or 8 years. These Champion models only come in white and are equally as expensive as Toto. Anyone found one to be better than the other?
Thanks
On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 03:56:39 GMT, TP

couple of months ago,and I love it.I haven't tried flushing any golf balls,but it flushes everything that it is suppose to,and so far with only one flush.I got mine at Lowe's buying the tank,bowl and seat separatly,plus the wax ring,for right at 300 dollars.I believe if you got one you won't be disapointed.
Read Consumer Reports they tested alot of toilets some cheap ones worked fine price does not mean it is the best toilet.
On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 03:56:39 GMT, TP

The American Standard Cadet, Gerber Ultra Flush and the Toto's are generally considered to be equal in performance. The main difference between them is that the Gerber and American Standard are air assisted and very noisy in operation. The Toto's are a modified gravity feed and very quiet. That alone could influence your decision. We have 3 Toto's. They are everything a toilet should be.
Dick
TP wrote:

If you want to flush golf balls pay attention to that commercial. Other than that, don't pay attention to commercials, they make them all look good.
The generally accepted winner is usually the American Standard Cadet line. They are reasonable priced and work well. If you are shopping around look for a fully glazed large (like 2") trap. That one feature is likely the best indication of how well it is going to work.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia\'s Muire duit
On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 17:12:17 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

If you look at the Map report on Terry Love's site (listed under the first Toto report) http://www.terrylove.com/crtoilet.htm you will see that the non-pressure assist American Standard toilets did very poorly against the Toto's and pressure-assist American Standard's. So, yes, you can get a non-pressure assisted Cadet, but it won't hold a candle to a Toto or the pressure-assisted Cadet.
Dick
Pressure assist work but are noisy I have the flushmate system in a Gerber, it has taken years to get used to , Im sure the neighbors can hear it. Try one before buying
Dick wrote:

Where there may be an American Standard Cadet that is air assisted, most if not all are not.
I just checked there current line. One is pressure assisted and three are not.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia\'s Muire duit
Dick <LeadWinger> wrote:

I'd just like to add, before the thread gets trashed, that this is whatall usenet discussion is supposed to be. You cats rock.
On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 03:56:39 GMT, TP

I can't comment on the Champion or American Standard. I do have 4 Totos. I don't consider them expensive. Four years ago, I paid $83 each. That included the tank, bowl and valve. Seat extra.
I did a lot of research. Mine have 2 3/8" glazed traps.
Thank You all.
Great advice. I was leaning toward Toto, all the comments confirmed it.
Thanks!