Flue reducer

I need to replace the flange for my furnace flue.
The old oil furnace had a 6" flue and my replacement gas furnace has a 4" flue.
The reducing flange at the chimney is rusted out and when I went to Home Depot all they had were adapters for 3" exhaust pipes.
This should be a common item but I don't seem to be able to find a replacement.
I suppose I could just make one myself I have quite a bit of heavy duty sheet metal.

Try a stove shop or real hardware store. Home Depot has 250,000 items, but not what you need. http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/4940/16305/Black-Stove-Pipe/Black-Stove-Pipe-Reducer.html
On 07/28/2014 04:48 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Kind of what I thought.

Thanks
I bet I end up making my own though.
On Monday, July 28, 2014 8:28:29 AM UTC-4, philo  wrote:

Plumbing/heating supply would have it. Plumbers put in WH all the time and have to work with vent pipes and such, plus they usually sell boilers, etc too.
On 07/28/2014 07:44 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I found a nice plate that's about 3/8" thick and all I have to do is cut a hole in it with a 4" hole saw. The piece that rusted through was almost paper thin yet it laster over 20 years. The piece I intend to put in should last 100 years.
On 7/28/2014 12:57 PM, philo wrote:

We anticipate your update in 100 years, via Google Groups.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 07/28/2014 12:10 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

LOL
actually I went back to Home Depot for some other parts and looking in the "duct" isle again and found some 4" flanges. Since they are so thin I bought two and doubled them up. So, they may only be good for 40 years.