Floors

I am shopping for a camper. Why do so many used campers have their floors replaced? Many say, recent updates, floor replaced. Why would they need the floor replaced?
In typed:

Because most of them are made of particle board, that only has to get good and damp to crumble. Even a lot of today's mobil homes stll have the same flooring; it's cheap. But keep it dry!
HTH,
Twayne`
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:18:13 -0400, Twayne wrote:

Cheap and lightweight...
There's a rotting camper over at my brother-in-law's place; not only is the floor shot, but the back wall's in danger of parting company with the rest of the body. Interesting, though, because you can see how weak the whole construction is - it's just thin wooden framework with thin panelling on the inside, thin aluminum on the outside, and particle board for the floor.
Jules
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:27:17 +0000 (UTC), Jules Richardson

Bumper Sticker:
"Back Up Or I'll Flush!"
Goober wrote:

Hi, You mean truck camper? Floor gets wear and tear with mud/dirt. I used to cmp a lot when kids were young. Floor takes beating the most.
Tony Hwang wrote:

No, I mean a travel trailer.
--
LSMFT

I'm trying to think but nothing happens.........

Imagine how long a linoleum or sheet vinyl floor in your kitchen would last if you lived near lots of woods or a beach or other sandy/dirty environment...
The particle board suggestion is a valid one too, ask what the person selling the vehicle replaced the floor with... Someone who knows what they are doing would have used a Marine grade plywood...
Things in a vehicle used for vacations tend to get dirty and wear out faster, after all you are on vacation -- you aren't toting around every cleaning supply from your home with you... Some stuff just doesn't get cleaned well enough until after you get home from your trip...
~~ Evan