Flooring

Hi All,
Quick question - looking for suggestions
I am remove a counter space 14' x 10' from my wife store. The floor behine and the counter itself is on a raised section (aprox 4in) . I am taking all of this out so will be left with a hole in the carpet (concrete). Here's my thoughts so far.
I am either going to put tile on the floor (black to match some at the entrance) or I'm going to use a Pergo style flooring in there (But not sure if that will be to slippery in the cold north here (snow etc)).
Any other ideas out there? Funds are limited so I want something that works that also doesn't break the bank.
Thanks in advance.
Rich.
On 11/08/03 07:25 pm snipped-for-privacy@somedomain.com.invalid put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

How many wives do you have that you need a special store for them?
-=- Alan

vinyl tiles sold at our local HD or Lowes for about 59 cent per square foot and a $10 can of glue.
Hi Rich!
S > Quick question - looking for suggestions S > S > I am remove a counter space 14' x 10' from my wife store. The floor behine nd S > he counter itself is on a S > raised section (aprox 4in) . I am taking all of this out so will be left wi h a S > hole in the carpet (concrete). Here's my thoughts so far. S > S > I am either going to put tile on the floor (black to match some at the entr nce S > or I'm going to use a Pergo style flooring in there S > (But not sure if that will be to slippery in the cold north here (snow etc ).
It probably will be slippery when wet. Potential liability problem.
What is going to go where the counter was? If more floor space I would be inclined to try to match the present carpet. To help keep costs down you might want to try carpet remnants. (Locally we have a store affiliated with another family-owned carpet and interiors store and all they sell is the left-overs from the main store.) Or a different/contrasting colour if the remodeled section is to be dedicated to a specific product/merchandise.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Treat new downloads like a Zombie hooker with herpes!
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971