Floodlight has Mind of it's Own....

I bought a $29.00 Regent motion activated floodlight and set it to come at dusk and off at dawn. The dusk till dawn part is working tolerably well but the light will come on and go off several times during the night in 10 to 30 minute cycles. Could the heat from the lights be affecting the sensor?
Frank B. wrote:

Have you tried changing the sensitivity/range of the motion detector? Most of them should have some small dial to adjust. I'd guess yours is just set too sensitive, so it might be picking up trees moving in the breeze, leaves blowing by, ghosts, or whatever. Try turning it down a bit - that should help. Andy

Cats, rats, bats will set it off. Swaying branches in the wind. Just the plain old wind can set them off at times, especially with a temperature differential. There may be a sensitivity setting you can adjust..

read this.........
http://www.cooperlighting.com/specfiles/InstGuides/330200531400_MS185MS185W_I.S._325-1417.pdf
avid_hiker wrote:

http://www.cooperlighting.com/specfiles/InstGuides/330200531400_MS185MS185W_I.S._325-1417.pdf Good one.
I know you didn't ask but I am offering you this advice: Stay off Mt. Hood at all times.