Flooded Tent at Campground (with no sump pump).

Over the weekend I was camping and we had a bad storm. One of the guys had his tent located right where all the water runs off of a roadway, and he had a small creek running thru his tent and he had to evacuate his tent.

After the storm, his tent was partly collapsed and looked to be a big mess. Just for grins, I took a piece of paper an marker, and made a sign that read "CONDEMNED - DO NOT ENTER", and placed it on his tent. Then another guy told him that a bulldozer was going to come and demolish his "dangerous" tent, and said that the campground requires a sump pump in all tents, and he neglected to follow the rules.

The owner of the tent just thought we were screwing around, and played along. That was until a local farmer drove up on a tractor with a big bucket on the front of it. (Apparently he was just stopping at the campground-park to eat his lunch). The tent owner got all shook up, and thought they really were going to demolish his tent.

Damn that was funny !!!!

Reply to
Paintedcow

Yep, that tractor arrived at the perfect moment! :)

Reply to
Paintedcow

Well it sounded like just some clowning around, but the tractor made the story.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski