Flat Panel TV Mounting to Save Space

Page 2 of 2

Before you go hanging the thing like the next Mona Lisa, I highly suggest you think about hanging it in this manner.
Depending on your viewing habits for this location, hanging these TVs at this height is very unnatural. I know it looks cool, and it's the latest and greatest, but with most TVs, the bottom of the picture is perhaps 24-30" above the floor, so when you're sitting on your couch, you're looking straight ahead. If you go and hang this thing perhaps 48" above the floor and you'll be looking UP to watch TV.
In the location you want it, that might be a good thing (if it's designed for viewing when working in the kitchen, for example), but if you plan on sitting most of the time, I would do a test run and sit in the regular spot and stare at that painting for an hour or TWO (movies, of course) and see how uncomfortable it is.