Flashlight Test

Page 1 of 2
Just got my box from Harbor Freight ( www.harborfreight.com ) and it contained my 2 AA cell miniature flash light. Catalog number 3852-8JMA, costing $1.99 for the flash light. Incidentally, there was shipping costs on the order.
And here is what I found....
The light is 6 3/4 inches over all. Slightly longer than a mini mag which is 5 3/4. This is a concern. A mini mag fits nicely in my bathrobe pocket. And also in my front pants pocket. The inch longer light would not fit in either of these pockets.
The batteries supplied were the cheapie carbon cells. Panasonic. Good brand, though.
The brand of light is "Gordon" which I've not heard of that brand. There is a sticker which instructs me to always wear safety glasses. It further instructs me not to remove the sticker. Wonder if the same folks that arrested me for removing my tag from my matress would get me if I removed this sticker? I don't want to find out, the Department of Matress Tags guys sure play rough.
The on off switch is a push button on the side. The light turns on when I lift my thumb off the button, so it does not have "instant on" or momentary contact.
The lens is adjustable, spot to flood. The lens is round, so it doesn't have the 8 sided "won't roll off the table" design.
The bulb appears to be the same bi-pin bulb which is used by Mini-Mag. I didn't see if they are interchangable, but very likely are.
The tail cap did contain a spare bulb. I pounded and whacked the tail cap, and could not get the bulb out. I needed a mini pair of needle nose pliers to get the bulb out. I did not try my Leatherman pliers -- they might be too big.
They did provide a nylon belt case for the light. The belt case appears to be the same design as the Mini Mag case, it seems a bit short for the Gordon light. Makes me wonder if the light would fall out easily. I've got enough stuff on my belt already, didn't try it.
The filament bulb should be EMP safe, if you are concerned about having a light after a nuclear explosion.
I'm going to put a couple of these lights in my glove compartments, tool boxes, etc.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Remove the 'snails' from my email
It's obvious to me that we have different interests. I sure hope you enjoy your life as much as I enjoy mine.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

/snip/
Thanks for the review - will pick up a couple next time I'm at HF.
Do you really want to put carbon batteries in your $35.00 TV remote and have them leak or that $2.00 flashlight?
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Finally a reason to go on living. Thanks for saving my life today.
Tomorrow I do a review of Q-tips and other brands of cotton swabs. Lets see where I put that file......
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

on
is
And
either
brand,
is
guys
momentary
have
Gordon
lol
Thanks!

costs
which
removed
cap,
pliers
be
enough
appears
You're welcome.

3852-8JMA,
pocket.
There
when
doesn't
appears
carbon
having
tool
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Hi, I am done with bulbs. Time for LED flash lights. Tony
I've got some LED lights. But for a tool box where I'll use the light once a year, these will do.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Can you spell T R O L L ?????
Ross Mac posted for all of us....

Nah Ross, the Stumped Moron isn't a troll; just an idiot, hack, HVAC, locksmith wannabe.
--
Tekkie

Wow....a left hook and an upper cut!..... :<) ...Ross
Stormin , Id like a test on the Vegamatic or Popiel Pocket Fisherman or the Clapper #2 Get you own site "Tests by Stormin" get advertising , get rich.
.............Stormin staggers, steps back three steps, shakes his head..... and clicks send.......
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Subject: Re: Flashlight Test Newsgroup: alt.home.repair => effi <= wrote:>

ohhhh, realllllyyyy???
Another idiot to add to the BOZO bin......